A Yellow Plum

PC greatly prefer Euros to Japanese plums. You need to really keep the Surround on thick, and don’t quit early as the curc loves to bite prune plums on the neck late. This last year is one of the first years where I protected them well, most years I lose most of them to the curc whereas the Japenese plums I only lose a few of. Its the most challenging fruit with Surround.

2 Likes

First fruiting year of my Yellow Egg plum in Seattle.

11 Likes

How is the taste?

1 Like

I tasted a lot but under ripe Tony. It was very good and another week or more I will
give everyone the report when they really ready.

1 Like

Very pretty plum, Vincent. Remind me a bit of Coe’s Golden Drop. You may want to waut until they start dropping.

1 Like

Yes mamuang . I keep tasting every day but still did not know how good they are because of under ripen.
Still have some more left to wait.

2 Likes

Let them turn deeper yellow. Right now they are only pale yellow. The hard part for us is being patient :grin:

2 Likes

Lucky this year Squirrels keeps my fruits alone . Last year they clean all my Septembre plum in 1 day mamuang .

Don’t let your guard down. They may wait until your plums ripen before starting to steal them. I hate squirrels.

4 Likes

Information said Yellow Egg use for cooking but I think they are very good for fresh eating as well . Below some information from my plum in Seattle areas. Tami my wife in picture .
Weight above 42 to 48 g . Free stone . Brix 21%.

14 Likes