How is your weather? (Part 1)

55F and clouds here…blah. Sunny across N MN/N WI… Next week looks warm though. upper 70Fs/low 80Fs…

My new pond was totally filled by rainwater.

2 Likes

We’ve really been in the sweet spot during the past week…North of the extreme heat and rain/grey zone. It’s been sunny, dry and in the 60s every day. A bit cool the past 2 nights but nothing close to damaging frost. Very few signs of pests so far and horrible weather for formation of scab, etc. The trees are loving it…and so am I!

1 Like

I’m sure that lovely humidity is starting to kick in, yes? I don’t know how y’all deal with that for much of the year. It was 80s here yesterday, but it was a bit humid, because I did some must mowing for maybe half an hour and actually sweated. I hope this summer isn’t as sauna-like as last year.

It’s hot here in my part of Texas. Y’all please send some rain down south. It’s getting pretty dry. We’re suppose to hit upper 90s this week and I think the rain chances just fell to near zero. It’s been about 2 weeks or so since we had rain.

You know it is. That being said we’ve had the nicest spring I remember in the 29 years I’ve been here. Looks like the rain will bring the temp. Down some and will be great for the garden. But one thing for sure here. It will be hot and humid! Those 80 degree 95% humidity nights just always eventually come. Seems though I got used to it just like I grew up accustomed to freezing Ohio winter’s !

1 Like

Very unusual for a 93 degree day in Florida. Look at the humidity?

Just unheard of really.

2 Likes

Its low 70Fs right now across S Ontario…this time of year all you need is sun for the temp to respond nicely. Plus the days are getting very long to the north.

In Anchorage the sun doesn’t set until 10:37pm today.

1 Like

Wow. Humidity 27%. What does that even feel like?

2 Likes

69 degrees and a 55 degree dewpoint. Days like these are one of the few reasons people live in MN

Feels incredible. Still is hot but you only drip from your own sweat not the air! 100,000 dollars on it doesn’t last! Lol…

Pleasantly dry.

1 Like

My first thought was that the meter is broken, LOL. Really, that’s kinda low. I would think at that humidity the sweat would evaporate before it would drip. That’s a problem here (generally higher humidity). If the sweat doesn’t evaporate, you cannot cool yourself while working. Plants love it though.

1 Like

supposed to hit mid 70’s today. been very dry so humidity is still low. unusuall for mid may. usually rainy and cool. need a good soaking rain to give the plants a boost to leaf out. my currants and honey berries have leafed out and are starting to flower. put out my mason bee cocoons yesterday,

Guess what? Theres a tropical disturbance coming our way.

1 Like

I was going to say, in California? a moist day :laughing:

1 Like

Nice downpour this afternoon…it won’t stop raining. Wet dog pattern.

T storms a good bet Friday night…should be dry until then.

It is getting hot and dry early this year. Currently 91 degrees and it will drop to 90 for or afternoon tennis match. Lots of water and towels.

2 Likes

yesterday we got our first real rainfall in almot 20 days…we needed it…expecting thunderstorms the rest of the week and somewhat cooler temps.

More rain this weekend. Another turd weekend possible around here.