How is your weather? (Part 1)

88F with a dewpoint of 67F…south wind helping temps jump…should be low 90Fs sat/sun/monday… heat wave city. Way above norm for this time of year…May should finish much above normal.

Air conditioning is the best invention man has come up with.

1 Like

Wow, mine are all at shuck split or beyond. @mrsg47’s Black Boy just had petal fall and she is in zone 7. That’s quite late.

The weather has been weird but not as bad as you guys have experienced. Mrs.G and the mid Atlantic seemed to have a lot more rain than central MA. We’ve had rained once every 3-4 days but there are break of sunny days in between so spraying is not that difficult… It’s hot now while peonies are not even open. Peonies do not like heat. If they are open, they just wilt.

The summer heat is coming on WAY too early this year. This is crazy.

1 Like

Yum! Got to love those upper 70F overnight lows. Turn off the AC and grab a warm blanket.

A blanket for the upper 70’s ? Perhaps a typo :slightly_smiling_face:

:smiley: I went to England once right as I’d gotten used to a particularly blazing hot NC summer. I really did need a blanket in the 70s!

Just toying with him… i can’t live without my AC blasting 50F air on me :snowman:

The mosquitoes are beyond bad here… if you fell asleep outside tonite here, you’d wake up with a shrunken head…like the dude in Beetlejuice. Trying to prune this evening and had to run for cover…they were swarming. They normally don’t bother me…they must be extra hungry.

Summers in the UK would be great i would imagine…or better yet Norway …along the coast…fishing and swimming…frolicking in the fjords.

3 Likes

Well that’s one upside to no rain and these hot temperatures: I haven’t been bothered by a single mosquito.

2 Likes

Try bugbaffler.com for bug protection. I prune peaches while wearing one of these to protect myself from black flies.

1 Like

Spraying for curc, I watch the patter of permethrin onto the standing water where they breed

1 Like

im with you! i hate heat and humidity! i sweat standing still above 68f! doesnt get very hot here but when it does its humid as hell!

Hot and humid in the 90s for several days and beyond.

The dew point was up to 69F so that is pushing it this time of year…more July like then May. I’d prefer about 68F-72F year roun… I think i’d need to live in the tropics at about 8000ft for that to happen.

Dark skies to the west…radar is lit up like a xmas tree…should see some heavy rain.

8000 ft tropical cities

I remember when i was at my brother’s house many years ago and a foreign exchange student was over (his kids were in high school then) and one of them was from Bogota and she said they vacation in Miami because it’s “cold” in Colombia…i was a little surprised and then looked up the climate…

Like spring year round.

1 Like

Delightful!

I work with someone from Belo Horizonte, Brazil (19°S and about 3000ft). Every time we get above a dew point of 65F and an air temp of 85F she complains about it being too hot. The first time I heard that I was surprised given the stereotypical Brazil image as Amazonia and hot/humid. Iguess they recently had 2°C and everyone was complaining about the record cold winter.

1 Like

long range is predicting upper 80’s by late next week. i dont like it but the plants love it!

Upper 90s the plants don’t love so well

1 Like

we havent seen upper 90’s here in 5-6 yrs thank God! i wouldn’t like it either! at those temps can’t do anything but sit under ac!

1 Like