How is your weather? (Part 1)

It is finally raining, what a blessing!!! We have been hot and dry in Kansas, like a lot of you folks too. I think a few of new trees I planted this spring are going to croak from the excessive temps. :slightly_frowning_face: They do not look good.

1 Like

mine gets about 6 hrs of full sun with dappled sunlight in the afternoon. its just 6in. and starting to leaf out now.

still very dry here. this 80+ heat is making it even worse. so far my newly planted trees and bushes are holding their own and leafing out well. cold front bringing thunderstorms and hopefully some much needed rain tonight.

More rain!

Still rain! Like every single day for so long now. But we had some hours of actual sun today and day after tomorrow is supposed to be OK. I need to mow! And fix my mower first, actually, but it shouldn’t be hard.

Temperature from 30s to 50s feels like winter to spring, from 90s to 60s feels like from summer right back to winter. It is cold yesterday and the heat was on last night.

Heat on with temps in the 60s?

Sitting in the upper 50Fs…feels very nice…rain coming this afternoon.

May was a torch…almost record (1934 was record with 68F for avg)…we come in second. May ranked way up there in precip too…not a record, but close

1 Like

It felt wonderful last nite!

70’s and very humid. From 55 degrees yesterday and rain, to a steam bath!

rain and 40 mph winds blowing sideways!

1 Like

cold front dropped temps into upper 50’s and upper 30’s at night. still dry as a bone!

We lucked out yesterday & got this…

maybe a quarter of an inch…

3 Likes

Just sprinkles here…but back into a jacket and pants…only in the 60Fs this afternoon with clouds/breeze. Nice day overall.

Extended looks hot hot hot…

yes,my temperature was set to 79 , it kicks on automaticaly where the temp is below that

looked like that yesterday but nothing came of it.

Wow! That was an extra wicked Florida storm there! You get used to the heavy lightning storms and all but then there’s those that really get your attention! This was one of those!

2 Likes

A soaker! Still chilly here, turned the heat back on today!

It’s amazing how things can change in a week or two. A few weeks ago I was trying to find time to put down copper sprays between rain storms and worrying about frost. For the last two weeks we have been in a small heat wave, no rain up here to speak of (other than those you can count the drops of) and warm. For us in the high seventies during the day, mid-90’s down on the plains. A summer time temps and weather pattern which started in May.

Can’t complain about the weather, at least right now. But I am watering a whole bunch…

Rain, beautiful rain. I hope it keeps falling all day. We really need a bunch to catch up to “normal”

2 Likes