How is your weather? (Part 1)

Familiar summer weather patters have returned…rains late afternoon, early evening. High’s to 90 during the day and 80 plus % humidity…

Saturday we had a huge storm blow through, got about 2 inches of rain in less than 2 hours…

gotta love it…

1 Like

It’s been in the mid to high 80’s and sunny here. No break in the next two weeks. Hope everyone is enjoying summer mixed with work LOL!

1 Like

We went from right at 90 daily to 70 and very overcast here today, so all the animals acted like it was an eclipse, lol! It was so quiet and odd. But I agreed with them because it was a strange, very cool day, yet no rain. Back to 90 tomorrow, so all the birds should chirp again :slight_smile:

We finally hit 80 yesterday. In human terms our weather has been phenomenal…70s, sunny & dry on a daily basis. In terms of growing stuff we are bone dry. I watered our new peach trees by hand yesterday and we ordered irrigation for our blueberries.

2 Likes

Rain on the way. Still chilly. The heat button has not been flipped yet.

same here . been very dry but got 2in of rain coming the next 2days. me need it!

2 Likes

Finally got rain yesterday, it’s been incredibly dry and everything is covered in dust due to the county road project. Still getting nights in the 40’s and today’s forecast is for a high of 61. Nothings putting on much growth…

got a in. of rain over night. everything is bright green! can almost hear my plants growing! can smell the neghibors lilac in the yard as well as the pin cherry blooms. balmy 45f today. had to turn on the heat. seems like our summers over the last 10 yrs. are getting cooler. we used to see some summers getting occasionally in the 90’s in july/ aug. havent seen that for a long time now. more rain also except this year. outfalls have been getting warmer for longer tho.

2 Likes

This year has been overall good. Temperature high is in high 70s and low 80s, and this weekend could be close to 90. It has been very dry this spring/summer. It seems that I don’t have lots of humidity related problem.

Too hot for me and Clark in the Midwest. 90s to 100s here for a long while. So far only a few jujube and persimmon grafts took. Just way too hot.

Tony

We might get some rain Monday
26 PM

1 Like

Looks like Pete and repeat…hot…wet…

We may approach 100 this week, depending on which station is forecasting. Every day’s above 92 this week in any case, with not a lot of rain chances. I watered everything over the past 3 days. I won’t garden a lot over 95 or so!

I will keep picking berries and plums, tho :smile: Early fruit tastes so good!

1 Like

I went out this morning to water before the heat

Record high for the day is 96, we’re supposed to break it

I can only imagine what July will be like

2 Likes

Going into the seventies today. Will spray tomorrow again finally!

1 Like

Mrs. G.,
We are close to 90 today (87-88 F) so hot I lasted only half a day in the garden.

1 Like

Highs moving into the 90s. About two more months and we will start seeing a slight drop. Yes it is humid.

1 Like

mid 70’s and rain the next couple days. everything is taking right off in the garden and yard.

Never got over 72. Breeze started coming in early yesterday and the temp. Went down 10 degrees by 8pm. :smirk:

1 Like

We were in the 90s today with winds 25+ gusting to 35mph. So, still hot and dry. Our county in Kansas was just down graded to Extreme Drought classification on the drought monitor map.