How is your weather? (Part 1)

High around 90, low around 70. Too warm for me. MN is certainly a state of extremes

2 Likes

Well, I rarely ask for rain, but after temps in the high 90s all week, we actually needed some to help out our gardens. So thankfully we got a good downpour on Friday, a little more than a quarter inch. It really perked up things, especially the tomatoes. It cooled off a bit and the humidity is way lower.

I took advantage of the cooler weather yesterday and got the pasture and other areas bush-hogged. A bit warmer today, got to 90, but seems dryer.

I had posted in another thread that my Accords A/C hadnā€™t been working, so I thought Iā€™d take a look at it today. I did a search on YouTube, and found a video about a Honda AC quick fix, which suggested swapping out the compressor relay with a different one. Well, I tried it and thank the Lord it worked! I was resigned to taking it to a garage and having it repaired and be out a bunch of $$, but this is just a $6 part. My wife went to town so I had her pick up a new relay. Now Iā€™m mad i didnā€™t try this last year! But itā€™s good that I was able to fix it cheap.

Makes me wonder how folks lived without AC in the past. Hardier folks than I am! My Mom said when she was a kid, and they would take a long car drive, her Mom would have them put a bucket of water in the car with some washrags, and keep themselves cool with those.

4 Likes

Floor vents and wing windows !

2 Likes

Heat index around 100, ugly line of thunderstorms to the NW. Batten down the hatches.

Got just under 2" of rain from that line of t-storms.

1 Like

It rained in southern California today ā€“ some places as much as 1/10 inch :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Crazy.
I think the last rain weā€™ve seen was April 15th according to my weather station.

1 Like

At least your rain comes when itā€™s good for fruit, ie in winter. We had 1.02 inches total from Oct 1 of 2017 thru April 31 of 2018. Thatā€™s only about 3 inches below normal for those 7 months.

Now that my fruit outside is getting ripe itā€™s rained 9 straight days for a total of 3.5 inches. That even affects the fruit in the greenhouse via clouds and high humidity.

2 Likes

High 70ā€™s during the day 60ā€™s at night. Wish all of July and August would be like this! We are having beautiful days! Stitches out tomorrow. Knee is great!

6 Likes

same here. low humidity and mid 70ā€™s then going back to the 80ā€™s next week. been warmer this summer than the last 2. plants are loving it and growing like crazy!

1 Like

95 with a dewpoint around 72. Thatā€™s enough of this crap. The veggies and corn love it, but I sure donā€™t. This is by far the hottest summer Iā€™ve experienced here (been here since '12), this has been more like summers in southcentral WI.

Looks like Kansas and MN are sharing similar weather. Currently 96 degrees, dew point 70. Will reach 99 today, real feel 107. :sunglasses: itā€™s not bad between 5:30 - 8 am and 7:00pm till dark. Still praying for rain. :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

1 Like

It might rain here tomorrow. Maybe. They Say

We are up to a 40% chance for tonight!

Yesterday

been dry here too. looks like next week we have a chance of showers all week. i hope so. i put in 20 new trees and berry plants that i need to water. just finished mulching everything 3in. thick with wood mulch the arborist dropped off. that should help conserve moisture the next time i water.

2 Likes

Got to 93 today, weā€™ve had days in the 90s just about all week, and the next couple days. We havenā€™t had any rain since last Friday, so this evening were going to have to do some watering, even though we might get some rain Sun-Tue.

Itā€™s been hot, but the humidity has been lower this week, so it hasnā€™t been too bad to work in, even though I start my work after 4 or so.

2 Likes

Please say its coming to RI!!! Our water which is unpotable in Newport, costs a small fortune. My tomato plants need water bad! I have a dry orchard. I have a decorative small pond with a spitting fish. I water my gutters inwhich I grow strawberries, flowers and radishes; and pots of herbs and nasturiums, and squash. I time myself. One half hour a night of water and that is it! Doing a rain dance.

1 Like

Been like this for about the last week.
And, is suppose to continue in this very hot pattern for the foreseeable future.
Plantā€™s donā€™t look too happy :sunny::sunny::thermometer::thermometer:

1 Like

we have had even less rain than southern new england. thankfully im on well water so im able to water thouroughly at very low cost. other wise my plants would have been crispy by now!

3 Likes

July in Boiseā€¦at least itā€™s not humid! Sorry East Coast people.

1 Like