How is your weather? (Part 1)

Actually 71f all the way up here yesterday too. Cooled down to mid 60s today again.

1 Like

if theres wind , yes. no wind its business as usual. we officially had 22in.!

1 Like

Looks stupendous!! You’ll get along in France just fine!

2 Likes

Tomorrow we are expecting rain! 55 degree weather coming Wed.!

extended3

4 Likes

Minus twenty last night at my rural land where my PAFs are. They are protected, but I don’t cover my Nelsons or Darrows. They seem to handle the cold okay. This will be the third winter for the PAFs.

2 Likes

Currently 8 degrees with a hi of 12F today. It is hard to breathe in this weather. My oil tank is 1/2 full so I’ll need another delivery in about a week. My back driveway is not yet plowed, cannot get the car out. :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

i feel your pain! at least we’re equipped for this last storm. you folks aren’t! hopefully there are some nice young men around that can help you guys dig out.

1 Like

No kidding. I’m calling my lawn man tomorrow. Not getting warmer any time soon either. Thanks so much for your thoughts. :relaxed:

1 Like

stay warm! :wink:

1 Like

I see GFS shows Omaha in the 50Fs on Weds and below 0F Friday morning… roller coaster week incoming.

If I was closer I would come shovel your driveway,

4 Likes

Our cars look horrible. The amount of road salt applied around here boggles the mind. I can hear the rust holes forming :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Maybe me and moose71 would shovel your drive, he sounds like a young fellow with lots of drive, lol

4 Likes

Thank you both soooo much! I have my lawn man coming tomorrow! He will plow both driveways and shovel :relieved:. Whewww! You and Moose are stars!

4 Likes

Try a mix of road salt and limestone dust from southern MN dirt roads. Our blue car is a weird shade of whitish/green right now after visiting my in-laws “down south”.

3 Likes

@mrsg47,
I think you’re aware that in southern California it’s hard to drive down the highway without seeing at least one ‘lawn man’ pickup truck loaded up with various tools – regardless of the time of year. Upon reading your post I have been trying to imagine one of those vehicles with additional snow-clearing equipment on board! :joy:

2 Likes

I finally found an open car wash tonite (they were 10 deep today…not waiting an hour to get one). Car temp read 10F so whatever the dryer didn’t get was froze, but it’s very clean now…probably stay clean for 48hrs.

4 Likes

Is the warm(er) air hitting you yet? It’s above zero here after dark…first time that’s happened in over two weeks. Supposed to get into the mid 20s tomorrow. That’s hooded sweatshirt weather around here after the cold we’ve had the last few weeks.

1 Like

I read somewhere,that in places that use salt on the roads in the Winter and the temps stay below freezing,if a vehicle is left outside and not brought inside some place,above 32F,like a garage, that the salt can’t react with the steel and cause rust. Brady

1 Like

It got to 0.0° this morn, and heading that way now, about 7 at midnight. But the good news is that later in the week we might see 60 here. About time.

Looking at some freezing rain and sleet Mon morn, could be messy around here then, kinda figure no school that day.

We have not been above freezing since Christmas other than a few hours on Wed. So, this may be the longest freezing spell we’ve had since moving here.

1 Like