How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yes. I plan on painting those trunks soon. I got the trees from bay Laurel and I was reading the literature they sent with the trees; seems they will not warranty the trees if you do not paint the trunks!

1 Like

was 27 degrees this morning, although the car said it was only 29…ahh what’s 2 degrees?? with our humidity the feel like temp was 21 when I left the house…we’re in for a big swing, it’s supposed to get up to 70 this weekend…

1 Like

Behind the retreating cold blast through the south, we have west winds blowing over the Black Hills causing some Chinook winds to blow…resulting in some very warm temps…

And hey…Key West, FL this afternoon… warmer in South Dakota!

1 Like

Wow was it cold in the south…freezing line got pretty far south into Florida. The coconut palms along Miami Beach were probably crying.

1 Like

thats funny! can’t imagine trying to stack 12in. long wood!

1 Like

Yikes…just need to be 600 miles west of here…some of that warmth will be in here Friday/Sat…melt off this yucky snow.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:. I would have been scared to death.

2 Likes

Yes, that was a pretty bone head move, it’s a wonder I didn’t burn the house down

27 this morning. my lawn is practically white now…as I mentioned before this will probably be our last sub-freezing day, but it’s certainly done a number on the landscaping…

2 Likes

So when was it last this cold down there? I remember going to S Florida maybe Jan 2009 or 10 and it was in the 30Fs in Key Largo one morning… we tried driving down to Key West that day but turned around because it was too cold. The nice thing is it warmed up quickly and it was near 80F in a day or 2 and i think after we left it warmed even more to above normal.

Not much of anything here other then rain, but Minneapolis and others better keep an eye on this weekends storm

If memory serves I want to say around 2008. We may have had a few cold days here and there over the last several years but nothing like the recent stretch with the consecutive cold/sub freezing temps that I recall…

1 Like

Forecast calling for 1-4" here right now. My guess is the forecast amount changes at least 2 times between now and Sunday.

Yeah…snow totals jump all over…very difficult to pin down a number…a degree or two can make or break a big storm…

i’m a little worried about this more then anything…GFS not showing this, just NAM… still something to watch.

Ya, that looks ugly. Misses me though :grinning:

I totally forgot there was a digital thermometer. Happy to report things are warming back up. We are finally getting a lot more sun. A couple more days of rain this weekend. Spring is almost here for some of us :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Still way too early in the winter to call the sub freezing days over, in these parts. And in N Florida I’d think as well?

The Euro looks south this afternoon…so that might shift the heavy snow south. I’ll take snow over freezing rain.

1 Like

I knew the forecast would change…now it says no measurable snow. It’ll change again I’m sure

17 shouldn’t hurt the roots anyway.

2 Likes

Today’s weather + forecast.

3 Likes