How is your weather? (Part 1)

16 below zero Wednesday morning, now it is 60 sunny, back in my summer shorts while checking on my trees this afternoon

3 Likes

3 Likes

Been sunny and warm (50’s) for highs the last three days. But a front is moving in, temp dropped to 26F, clouds and fog. Supposed to get 6" to 1’ of snow tonight and tomorrow. If it happens as predicted it will be the biggest snow we’ve had all season.

2 Likes

No not at all. Our winters aren’t like they were in the 70s 80s 90s, when it snowed constantly. But I have a feeling the weather may be cycling back

Just south west of cape girardeau, right on the north tip of crowley’s ridge. Hot as you know what in the summer, and the damp cold in the winter. I’ve been places up north and in the mountains out west , and it’s amazing how much colder it feels here, the extra humidity in the air is bone chilling

Ok thanks. You’re practically on the New Madrid fault line then? Didn’t y’all have about a 3.5 quake last week?

Yeah, I get that cold damp wind being worse out west. It’s been in the teens and twenties here with wind blowing, and it’s not too bad. But when we were back in Oklahoma last week the wind had a “real bite to it” (as my Mom calls it), even tho it was just in the 30s.

It’s very nice here today, almost 60! Just about all the snow is gone now, and the drive has turned from a snow packed rink to a muddy mess now.

It’s a heat wave this weekend I had to take off my coat! 60 degrees F today and 70 tommorow! Hard to believe -9F was so recent.

2 Likes

71 degrees and just beautiful here…

8 Likes

Rain and 38F right now…what a disgusting day…the snow that was on the ground is mostly gone, now its just ice sheets with rain pooling on top of them…ground is still very much frozen. Streets are flowing like a summer time thunderstorm.

70Fs moved up into Missouri yesterday…the cold was lurking in Ontario, Canada

Blizzard condition right now. All public schools are closed. It took an hour to drive to work instead of 30 minutes. Crazy weather year for sure!

Tony

All the schools north of here closed last night, but our school district has off school for some other reason… NWS minneapolis has out this graphic…seems about right.

Not even a flake or a drop here about an hour NW of St. Cloud. Fine by me

The nice thing is the forecast shows almost 50F by Friday…so some mild air ahead.

1 Like

Riverside Park this morning in La Crosse (Mississippi River in background)

7 Likes

NOAA says this week is the peak of winter in the continental U.S. But here in San Diego county, the local markets are offering vegetable and herb plant starts outside their entrances.

3 Likes

You haven’t had any winter yet and I don’t think you’ll start now.

1 Like

Well, I understand what you mean but it’s my perception that several advice givers on this site still don’t understand that this is our winter.

3 Likes

Ten inches of new snow here today.

THanks so much for that outstanding post. What I loved about it is that you explained things on a very basic level and didn’t assume I knew much of anything…which I absolutely do not. I’m the least mechanically inclined person here, but I understood everything you just told me and will follow it closely.

BTW…the reason it took me so long to respond is that I’ve been dealing with another major freeze problem…the water in my house froze and cracked several water lines, which in turn flooded my basement with 4 feet of water! Oh boy…that probably doesn’t bode well for my tractor’s chances but hopefully it won’t be as bad as I thought.

Ah…the joys of a harsh winter! Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Back in early 1990’s I nievely asked a reputable guy what I needed to grow a certain raspberry cultivar at my home. He responded: 10" of snow a few times in the winter. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes