Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

Yes, apples and pears is where I’ve usually done this. Well, it’s worth a shot. Maybe I can keep it on track by pruning out the watersprouts as soon as they appear. It is in a high traffic area, so I should be able to stay on top of it.

Use the pollen, not the ovaries.

I was speaking of harvesting and planting my White Gold this year, when there are only plums and apricots around it. Too late to mutilate the flowers this year, as it has been in bloom for almost a week.

spreading out my Nadia branches for now…

2 Likes

Well you could still use the pollen on a plum.

Thanks to scott and sean for telling me what to do with my nadia, I did a hatch job on it. A bad root and lack of roots on it. A pic of what it looked like before can be found in the frustrated with Raintree thread. What it looks like now…

Looks really nice now. 4 scaffolds nicely spaced. Good job

Hey does anyone else have a dud Nadia? Mine is barely growing, the leaves are at most 1-2" long. I think its going to make it but its not for certain. The roots looked super healthy, I wonder if it got freeze damage during shipment. I just grafted some saved scions today as a backup plan.

Yo Scott don’t feel bad mine looks just like you describe. I was wondering if it was just because they waited until almost May to ship it. It’s starting to get pretty warm here so I’m just hoping what little growth it has doesn’t fry in the heat.

Mine has only been in the ground a week, it’s just starting to leaf out.

Mine isn’t doing much either. Not nearly what I expected or what is normal. It’s in a pot and just setting there. Great looking tree but not much growth.

Mine were not doing great either, I tought that I would lost them, so started watering them everyday instead of every two days, I also fertilized them with bonemeal fertilizer. And a week later, they started to push new growth.

The specimens all look good, so I guess once it get’s going it will grow fine. It may not take well to the bare root process. Mine is leafing out quickly really. It came with a weeping Santa Rosa, very small, but growing, Nadia is ahead of it.

Here’s nadia number one:

Here’s nadia number two (potted):

Here’s an update of mine as I saw this post added to today. Just remember that Freddy Kruger and Jason were fighting over the root system on mine before I got it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My Nadia looks good. Bushy growth, 3-4 inches at the most. It looks better than my peach and pear trees I planted at the same time.

Like Drew’s, mine has leafed out, but hasn’t gotten much further. But, it has only been 19 days since my last pic, when it was still dormant (other than a few flowers).

Bob yours is already ahead of mine. Mine just has little teeny leaves. I fertilized it well and its in good soil based on how the neighboring trees are doing.

This is my Nadia. It stayed on the stage of the tiny leaves for about 3 weeks or so until finally it began to grow.