Peach time!

Picked this morning from one treešŸ˜„
Itā€™s interesting that there is no bug damage on the peaches of this tree while 50% the peaches picked from another tree back in July have bug damage. I used the same spray and timed the spray based on individual treeā€™flowering cycle.

35 Likes

yummm. Youā€™re going to need a feedbag to eat all those!

Dax

1 Like

are you planning to make anything with them, or just eat them fresh??

1 Like

sheā€™ll be eating them all, Jeremy.

Thanks . . .

Dax

1 Like

Beautiful and biuntiful. Congrats on your success.

Thank you all!
I will eat some fresh and give most of them to family, friends, neighbors, colleaguesā€¦ I used to can some but it takes Too much effort.

I once swear up and down that I will sit at the end of my driveway and sell some to recoup part of money that I spent on growing them. My husband said I will just end up giving all to the walk-by cute kids, cute dogs 's owner for free and not bring home a penny. So I give up that idea real quickšŸ˜„

6 Likes

OMGā€¦Itā€™s that time for us westerners to be jealous of the easteners! I wish I had fresh peaches still. Those look AMAZING! :hearts::heart_eyes:

Hopefully I will soon be successful with a later ripening peach!

5 Likes

You also needs to sell tons of peaches to recoup any money you ( and I) has spent on growing and protecting the darn trees.

5 Likes

Please make jam!

Lovely looking peaches! What variety?

1 Like

haaaaa haaaaa haaaa. Hilarious!!!

Dax

2 Likes

Olpea, thanks! As for what variety, thatā€™s a really good question. I bought this from a big box store, and lost the tag a long time ago. I just remember it is ā€œredā€ something. I found one of my old gardenweb posting said itā€™s called ā€œredskinā€. Whether we can trust the big box label is another issue. This treeā€™s Fruit ripe a few days earlier than Elberta, and I like the taste and texture much better than Elberta.

I am still smarting from the first peach tree I bought labeled as Georgia bell.:rage: For years I thought What I had is a Georgia bell until you pointed out the obvious (to everyone but me) that Georgia bell is white peach while mine is a yellow peach.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Msg47, I made jam before, just ended up giving out jam. Hubby said I should save myself the trouble and give out fresh one. Itā€™s just too many peachesšŸ˜„

When you move to south of France, maybe you can tell us some fancy French way of making jamā€‹:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I will definitely try it.

2 Likes

Manuang, hahaā€¦ We will never make back the sweat and money we put in, the pleasure is all in the process. Or is it? I think we just want to torture ourselves.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Piggy lover75, I think most of time itā€™s we envy you having the nice weather to grow everything!

1 Like

I promise I will!

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ I hate to be again a bearer of ā€œmislabeledā€ news, but I donā€™t think your Redskin is actually a Redskin. :pensive:

Redskin actually colors very poorly. It has lots of yellow on the skin with a slight red blush. It colors so poorly that sometimes even when itā€™s soft on the tree, it will still have some green around the stem end.

Here is a pretty accurate pic of the peach (imo) from Clemson.

http://www.clemsonpeach.org/index.php?p=181&e=4652

The good news is your peaches are much prettier. And I bet they taste wonderful, whatever they are(Thatā€™s why I was curious and asked the variety.) :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Whatever they are they look like a postcard! Very nice!

3 Likes

Olpea, this time you are the bearer of good mislabel news! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:I am glad this is not redskin, I looked up the link, redskin is not a pretty peach.:disappointed:
The one I have is really much prettier. The part of fruit exposed to sun turn really dark red. And I like the flavor a lot. Among the 4 peach trees I have( mystery early yellow peach, Elberta, real Georgia bell) , this is my favorite.
Could it be red haven?

5 Likes

IowaJer, thanks for the complement!

1 Like