Star fruit 2/$1

Great week for buying fruit ! Cantaloupe $1, nopal fruit $1, huge greenhouse tomatoes 3/$1, lemons 8/$1, but my best find this week are these star fruit 2/$1!

1 Like

From what I’ve read, persons with susceptibility to liver kidney problems should never eat Star Fruit.

2 Likes

I think it’s people with kidney problems,Richard.Several years ago,I was taking a friend to dialysis and at the front desk was a warning sign for patients not to eat the fruit. Brady

2 Likes

Looked it up and this is what I found out http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/starfruit.asp

Someone on this forum posted a case study of this subject recently. My concern is how do you know you don’t have a kidney problem? Sometimes it does not show until it gets bad. Some of us may choose not to have a physical exam annually and may not know.

I don’t care for the fruit because they are other tropical fruit that I like more than star fruit. It is a pretty and unusual looking fruit. The tree is also very productive.

1 Like

My mother was on Dialysis for over 15 years. She was told never to eat Star Fruit.

1 Like