Sugar Twist Pluerry

Hi Dax.
This is the first year they sell Sugar Twist out to public, If really lucky some of us may taste it this year or wait for next year or longer.

1 Like

My order is here.

2 Likes

Try to load it again.

1 Like

My friend’s order was shipped today, and I did got an email notification, but not for my order.

1 Like

Ulises, is it possible their email went to your Spam/Junk folder? Your ISP could have even filtered it out as spam before it even had a chance to get to your Inbox?

1 Like

My Sugar Twist came yesterday.

4 Likes

We like see your Sugar Twist pic.

1 Like

I checked my spam folder and it’s not there either. Same thing happened to me last year with Bay Laurel Nursery order. I didn’t received any notification that my tree order had been shipped.

I’ll probably post pictures on Saturday as I’m very busy with work. Tomorrow I will be working from 5:55 am to probably 5:30 pm, so by the time I get off from work, it will be already dark.

If I get from work early, I will post a couple of pictures.

1 Like

My friend’s pluerries, Sugar Twist and Sweet Treat, will be arriving next Tuesday. I will ask him if he could post pictures of his trees here.

1 Like

Take good care of yourself , so you water more to their root and wait for a couple days to plant ? Mine UPS deliveried almost 5.45 pm. I get home at night. Planted all them really early next morning.

2 Likes

Great tree you got @Vincent_8B

Dax

1 Like

Now you can get a good night’s sleep knowing your Suger Twist Pluerry is safe and sound.

3 Likes

I picked one up at My Garden Nursery in Bellingham today.Probably one of the few places in Western Washington carrying the tree right now,if not the only one. Brady

Strapped down and ready to go

Planted

4 Likes

I apologize for not posting pictures of my Sugar Twist Pluerry today as I had promised. I had to go work today. I’ll post some tomorrow.

My friend will also post pictures of his pluerry later on this month. His screen name is @Darthnectarine.

2 Likes

When I get my Sugar Twist from Raintree , I am not very happy because it’s a whip, no branches. I did email ask My Garden nursery and knew they have Sugar Twist about $40, and finally I did not get one, because dont know what to do with the whip from Raintree. Do they still have some more Brady?

Did you chop the top off Brady? You have a lot of plant still in containers, will you inground them some day ?

I wouldn’t be too unhappy that it’s a whip. Half the time the branched trees they send are crap anyway. With a whip you can plant it, chop it to height and choose any choose your own scaffold distribution.

1 Like

I too like to have small trees. But I understand though as these trees can take years to fruit. I have learned to be patent with trees. I think you have to else you’ll go nuts. I have been trying to grow a Weeping Santa Rosa plum. It is now 5 years, 3rd tree, no fruit, and it’s about a foot tall now. So no fruit next year, it will be 2019 I may see my first fruit. It could easily be 2020 before I do though.
My first tree was planted in the fall, it didn’t make it the next spring. I had to wait till the following spring after that to replace it, and that one never leafed out either. The third one also died back to just above the root stock. So what do you call a tree that is not quite a whip yet? That is what I have now., I was worried it would die this winter being so small. It did not, it made it. Reminds me of an old song
In the year 2025 if my Weeping Santa Rosa is still alive?

1 Like

Vincent,
A whip is okay.I’d probably cut off the top about three feet above the ground and let the tree branch out.
There were about five left.I called ahead and had one put aside.I almost decided to get a different one when comparing,because mine had sections of bark missing,but that was above the branching that was being kept,so it didn’t matter.The one I chose had the thickest branches,but some others looked okay too.

Yes,I was on my bike,so if the top wasn’t cut,about four feet was going to hang out the back end.I was going to cut that much off anyway.That’s what I do when planting most stone fruit trees.
Someday,they probably will need to go in the ground. Brady

2 Likes