Sugar Twist Pluerry

Here’s mine.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Brady. I decided to keep mine. Too far to make the trip to My Garden nursery in Bellingham. Almost 80 miles each way from my house.

I could not find out any information about Sugar Twist growing habit. If you have any idea please post here. Thank you. I just see some of small branches grew out 90 degree angle so it might be spreading growth habit. I would like to know for preparing room of new plant.

That’s a great question. I’ll post this question on Dave Wilson Nursery facebook page.

2 Likes

As soon as you get answer from them, let us know please. Thank you Ulises.

1 Like

Hi Vincent, the caliper of your whip is incredible. In one season you will have so many branches and it will fill out so much that you’ll be glad you got it that way.

You can either chop it now or simply let it grow for a full season and then next year cut it where you see great branching potential. I would wait personally against the norm because it’s not that tall now. It’s not going to matter though if you wait or decide to cut it this year and begin the scaffolding process.

Dax

1 Like

Thank you Dax.
I would wait for next year to trim it with the shape i like. If its growth rate like some Japanese plum, we need the trim a lot later. I am happy to have it. I still have a lot of plum trees on the 2nd leaves, some of them might flower or fruiting this year. Its very interesting and keep me busy all year long with my hobby.

1 Like

We made 3 hours trip with bad weather conditions to pick up 1 more, our cousin likes to have 1.

4 Likes

Now you can see who’s tree is biggest next year :smile:

Dax

1 Like

Wow Vincent! You are a fruit nut for driving 3 hrs to pick up a fruit tree. I did a 3 hours drive to pick up a girl friend in my early 20’s. LOL.

Tony

7 Likes

Hi Tony.
My wife driving, I job just keep talking to keep her awake on the hail and snowing day there.That why it took a lot longer than our expected.

2 Likes

My Garden Nursery?Yes,three hours is a long time to get 90 miles.There was a little snow on the sides of the road,when approaching Bellingham.Glad I chose Saturday to go. Brady

1 Like

3 hours for round trip Brady. When driving we thinking about you did imagine trip with your bike on the cold weather condition .

Snow shower today for me to pick up two 9 ft. Izu and Saijo persimmons at Sky nursery Brady .

2 Likes

Every time I read one of your post you are out buying trees or getting a new one. Then to top it all you drive in the snow three hours to pick one up. Now two at a time!!

Vincent have you ever heard of OFTD? (Obsessive Fruit Tree Disorder)

Now that I think of it… both you and Matt!! Was it Brady with one on his motorcycle?? The list can go on and on!!

:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Hi Bob.
My orchard just over 1 year old. A lot of fruit trees I like need to be fill in. Now is the time of the year for the nurseries releasing all the bare root fruit trees, some of them we have to wait a long time for available to buy. That why now it is busy time to plant. I try to do as much as possible before Spring come. We like to sharing opinions for our hobbies. I don’t really know what you meant for your question. Sorry if it border you to read . Vincent.

Oh… No Vincent… it doesn’t bother me at all… wasn’t meant in a bad way at all. Just excited for you and the others and seems to be having lots of joy. Nothing at all about bothering me… I really enjoy your post. I meant it more like “tongue in cheek”

2 Likes

Sorry for misunderstanding you Bob. Have a nice time. We all friends here. Vincent.

1 Like

If you’re looking for some really good prices on trees… StarkBro has some really good deals in May or June… Not sure if your weather allows planting during that time. I potted mine up until fall. Last year I purchased several. There’s a thread on StarkBro you can check out.

Bob

1 Like

I ordered 2 plum trees from them last year. I don’t like the way they trim too much before shipping Bob.