Sugar Twist Pluerry

DWN replied to my Sugar Twist Pluerry growth question, “It’s just like sweet treat, more plum like. Prune it and fertilize just like your other trees.”

I apologize for not been active on this group. I’ve been very busy with work. I’ve been working six days a week, and I will be working this Saturday again.

5 Likes

Great, it will be good sharp up growth habit. Thank you very much Ulises.

1 Like

One Sugar Twist branch has quite a few blossoms. The other photo shows signs of fruit set.

4 Likes

Look great Rich. Did you do any hand pollination ?

Hi Vincent, it was hand pollinated. The following pollinators are near by: Sweet Treat, Burgundy, Elephant Heart, Satsuma, Candy Heart, Flavor King and Nadia. A bee or insect could have pollinated it. If I am lucky it may mature into fruit like Candy Heart did last season. I hope Sugar Twist has a better flavor than Sweet Treat or Very Cherry Plum. Very Cherry Plum tastes like a Sweeter Sweet Treat to me.

2 Likes

Lucky.

Thank you Rich.
Some of us will follows your fruit trees updating. My area still too cold for fruit tree blooming. Hopefully we will have a chance to taste some of new fruits this summer. Your Candy heart will has more fruit this year for sure. Interesting.

1 Like

Here’s mine again! It has four flower buds. The bad news is that most of my fruit trees have already finished flowering, except for the cherries.

1 Like

Now Ulises, you know as well as anyone that a first year barefoot whip doesn’t need to be growing fruit anyway. Let her it at least reach puberty before letting her bare fruit. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

My best friend said that his sugar Twist Pluerry has a couple of flower buds, and the good news is that his Sweet Treat Pluerry will start flowering together, so there’s a good chance he will get ST pluerries this year.

1 Like

No more bad news anymore, I just checked my newly planted multi-graft pluot, and all-four grafts have flower buds growing.

1 Like

Oh! Oh! it’s getting bigger! half the diameter of a pea.

7 Likes

Sugar Twist Pluerry.

1 Like

What I want to know is out of the three pluerry trees which is the best tasting one? I have room for minus 2. So if any, only one is going in. Keep us updated.

2 Likes

Hi Drew,

Candy Heart tastes way better than Sweet treat so far, my opinion. Sugar Twist is on the way. All three are bearing fruit right now, Nadia is the fourth plum cherry hybrid to do so this season for me.

4 Likes

The first Sugar Twist Pluerry flower opened today; And a Dapple Dandy flower from my newly planted multi-graft tree opened yesterday, so I hand pollinated the Sugar Twist Pluerry flower with Dapple Dandy pollen.

1 Like

What pollinator(s) did you used?

Sweet Treat, Burgundy and Candy Heart were used. I do not know which one worked.

1 Like

1st Sugar Twist? You so lucky Rich !

Yes, so far. Check with SteveM. He planted a large Sugar Twist in January.

1 Like