Sugar Twist Pluerry

Here are some pictures of mine.

Sugar Twist on the left, Nadia on the Right.

5 Likes

Sugar Twist’s foliage is starting to resemble like that of a cherry.

1 Like

That’s nothing like a Cherry. More like Plum!

1 Like

Well, compared to Sweet Treat and Candy Heart Pluerries, Sugar Twist’s foliage has a a stronger appearance to a cherry than those two.

What are the likely pollinators for your Sugar Twist Pluerry?

Update:

Flavor Supreme Pluot is not a pollinator for Sugar Twist.

Doesn’t look like any of my cherries

If you don’t say what it is, I’d say, judging from leaves, it was a plum,

It’s Sugar Twist Pluerry.

Oh Look!! There is a cherry leaf growing in my Sugar Twist! Confession: it was taped on.

5 Likes

You are so funny, Rich.

It’s going to be 36 F tonight. So I had to bring my Sugar Twist and Candy Heart Pluerry inside the garage.

1 Like

I hate to bring up the bad news, but my Sugar Twist Pluerries ( fruit) were killed by the low temperatures that we had this morning. I feel kind of guilty because I forgot to bring the tree inside the garage. The reason been is that I went bowling last night and by the time I got home it was already 11:30 pm, so I forgot to bring the tree indoors. I didn’t noticed the damaged fruit until this afternoon after I got off from work. It’s actually the stems that got frost damage, not the fruit.

That is bad news! I have 6 developing fruit and may reduce it to 4. The tree is very healthy. The fruit does not appear to be stunting the tree growth at all. I may send a ripened fruit over to you as compensation for posting the cherry leaf taunt photo above. I had second thoughts after the it was posted.

1 Like

You mentioned 36F degree temps. That should not have harmed the fruit.

Frost can form at that temp for sure. I don’t know the mechanism? I know here when 35 I have to worry about frost on frost tender plants.

1 Like

That was from two day’s ago, yesterday’s temperatures were even lower. We had a light frost this morning again.

As long as the tree is OK, that the good news, most of us don’t have fruit yet. Be patient and wait until next Spring. Some of fruit trees take 3 or 4 years for first fruiting Ulises

2 Likes

My Sugar Twist blossom now but it keeps raining every day therefore not easy for hand pollinating.

4 Likes

Hey Vincent,

Use pollen from any or all plum/pluot/pluerries that you may have to pollinate it. Sugar Twist pollinates fairly
easily. The branch on mine used to look like yours, it now has seven cherry sized fruit on it. The tree growth does not appear to be stunted either. A photo of it will be posted soon.

2 Likes