What do you consider the best pesticide and fungicide?

just wanted to pick brains on what everyones using. i use neem as a preventive weekly . ortho bug b gone for bug infestations and bonide copper for fungal/ mold issues . what are you guys using? could i be using something better and / or less toxic. seems to work well for me so far. i prefer less toxic as i have my ducks and geese that free roam the yard. don’t want to poison them. i lock them up for a week after spraying the strong stuff.

1 Like

It depends greatly on the plant, the pest, the weather, and your local environment.

I can’t imagine less toxic choices than you’ve already made.

1 Like

thanks richard. i use the same on all my fruit trees and bushes. i mix my neem with some organic based soap which also doubles as a dormant oil in the spring. was just curious what others are using.

2 Likes

For myself, it’s a long list.

2 Likes

I haven’t done any of either yet. I did buy Bonide Copper I will use when appropriate. I have heard a LOT of people using NEEM oil. Any suggestions where to buy a good one? I do believe that’s a Dormant spray for Bugs?

1 Like

That’s neem oil that I bought on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FFA08C. I still have about half of it left after three seasons of use. I use it against aphids on roses and some plums, and it’s very effective, normally I need just two sprays a few days apart to completely kill all aphids on a plant. Aphids are a problem here only a couple of month during the year, around March-April.

2 Likes

I’ve used Garden Safe neem oil in the past. Very good. This year I switched to Oleavine cosmetic grade neem oil. It’s cold pressed and good for beauty use. Mix it with your lotion etc. it stinks though so I couldn’t use it for that purpose but I still bought the cosmetic grade because i spray it around my kids sand box to keep the bugs away. Don’t have to worry too much about skin contact. I use less of the Oleavine than I did Garden Safe. Oleavine is 100% neem and Garden Safe is 70%.

2 Likes