What fruits did you eat today?

Mine were good, I’m sure they’ll be better next year.

If you have a lot you can cut them up and freeze or dehydrate (I have a dehydrator you can borrow). If you guys really are sick of them I can take some off your hands! We got sick of the early peaches but I am really enjoying them dried now…

Oh Vinod, those are beautiful!!! Make jam. Make a tart, make anything! You are so lucky!

2 Likes

I’ll drop some by your front door. But I want you to tell me how it rates with GoldKist. I might graft GoldKist onto my tree!

Waiting on mine

In the meantime, the spouse just showed up with a box of nectarines from the store!

Those look amazing. I am planning a few Apricots to my fruit trees I have not grown them yet. Your tree looks really nice as well.

1 Like

I could have sworn you took some Goldkist wood last year (I saw the Santa Rosa grafts you did very nice!). The Goldkist was about a month ahead of Blenheim, I think it makes sense to graft onto your blenheim and spread the harvest out (so your wife and kid aren’t flooded all at once, the horror :slight_smile: )

I’m seeing this variety of plum showing up at a few farmers markets. They are just turning from sour to a hint of sweet and are selling well. The people selling them have no idea what variety they are. They sell them as as sour plums. Anyone know what variety they are? Guessing is ok also. Bill

1 Like

I visited my mother-in-law in the Sacramento valley last weekend and brought home these delicious fruits. She says her Santa Rosa plums are better than usual–the skin is a little tart maybe, but anything is better than bland. The big mandarin oranges are delicious as usual, she doesn’t know what variety it is, the tree is decades old. Also some apricots but not very good in my opinion. She said it was a bad year in the area for commercial prune plums, maybe other crops like almonds etc.

3 Likes

Robusto is the standard southern plum to eat green. There are a few other green plums as well. Personally I never figured out he whole green plum thing. It’s also a Persian tradition.

1 Like

Thanks

Still getting cotton candy apriums, they ripened over a long period of time. Picked before they get too soft they are great, let them get too soft and they are all sugar. Arctic star is getting close, can’t wait. I have a question for fruitnut, how far behind arctic star is honey kist, mine are huge and getting sugar spots,I think they are fairly close.

Honey Kist will follow soon after Arctic Star. It’s probably about 10 days later.

Thank you

honey Kist has tastes good? and good size?

It is a variety that I find in my local nursery but never buy that matches its maturity with honey blaze and I preferred plant honey blaze

I grew both about 5 yrs before settling on Honey Blaze. But they are similar. Not much difference.

1 Like

Ate the last of what I think are flavor supreme pluots that I bought and my daughter and I ate about a pound of sweet Bing cherries from the store. Damn I love sweet cherries.

Okay fruitnut,is there much difference between Honey Kist/Honey Blaze and Honey Royale? Brady

Culture makes way more difference in eating quality than variety for those three.

2 Likes

At least for me the big difference between blaze and royale are royale ripened a month later. Royale was also freestone blaze was not. At least for me.

2 Likes

A little bit of black caps. My daughter pours milk and a half teaspoon of sugar over than and eats them with a spoon. Then drinks the “Raspberry Moo”. Very cute

7 Likes