What is everyone eating from their orchard today?

Iucky U!

Here’s a pic of a Mid Pride fruit from my tree (3rd year in ground). Last year same thing…huge fruit. Brix about 14 with great flavor. After seeing your fruit I am wondering if we have the same fruit? You are the first person to post in regards to Mid Pride that I can compare to. What are your thoughts? All my fruits have pointy bottoms and don’t seam to color up like yours.

2 Likes

That’s Mid Pride alright – in size, shape, color, and your taste description.

I’m finally eating the Blenheims in their tree-ripe state. They were not too sweet but with perfect amount of tart. I hope they get better as the tree ages!

2 Likes

Those look delish. Congrats.

I was planning on keeping as many fruits on the tree as long as I could. But then I saw one on the ground. So I picked them all. Pardon my excitement, these are my first stone fruits. :grin:

4 Likes

Congrats!

:smile: Pardon your excitement? No need to pardon anything, bleedingdirt. That is something to celebrate! Congratulations! I hope you savor every bite.

Those look scrumptious. I’m soooo jealous.

Today’s meager harvest from my backyard. Two strawberries and three golden raspberries. The wife and kid gobbled them up immediately.

3 Likes

Yum! I absolutely love golden Raspberries. I cannot wait to have a whole row of them.

I’m hoping to post my first Geo Pride pluot and first Beauty plum here any day now. Just need another week or two of birds not getting to them before I do. I have to resist all urges to yank them off the tree as they are not quite ripe yet. So far, the metallic bird tape is working really well. Wish me luck!

Donny, best wishes! Beauty Plum is one awesome cultivar here in southern California.

Toasted Peach Burrito :smile:
One 11 oz Mid-Pride peach + cheddar cheese and Melinda’s Jalapeno sauce, baked in toaster oven at 375F for 7 minutes (no preheating).

1 Like

Richard, I have never seen a peach burrito before. it looks delicious.

And you can make a peach salsa too like a mango salsa :wink:

1 Like

I live in the Southeast. So, I’m thinking, “deep fried.”

2 Likes

I could not resist. 5 cherries were growing on my 4x1 cherry tree and I let them grow. Unfortunately the tree is a train wreck and I’m unsure of variety. It’s not lapins or emporer francis because they are clearly marked. This cherry came from the unmarked limb and is either Glacier or early burlat. I don’t believe it was fully ripened as it wasn’t very sweet. The flesh was not red like Bing. It was more in line with the flesh of Ranier. Tasted pretty good though. I would’ve liked to have had an entire bowl.

Edit: I just reread the descriptions of glacier and early burlat. It says glacier is a late season cherry some maybe this one is Early Burlat. Can anyone confirm the flesh color of each of those varieties?

1 Like

Fresh peaches from my old peach tree. Thanks for the advice olpea, it is really loaded with nice peaches. Here is a photo of one I just picked. I did not spray these with anything this year , just tried to thin the damaged fruit.

1 Like