Sugar Twist Pluerry

Thank you so much Ulises.

1 Like

My Sugar Twist this year.

11 Likes

She likes warmer weather, so beautiful. My tree never look good and has only 1 fruit after 3 years of growing. I plan to remove her away. Could you tell us how are the fruits tasting to you when harvesting please. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Here is a picture of mine today.There should be about a dozen to try.bb

4 Likes

Your tree with fruits looking very good.
Had you tasting them last year yet. how were they? I like to remove and replace it with Catalina plum later Brady.

This will be the first time.
Also, there is one Candy Heart that I recently discovered and from all the conversation, it’s the one I’m more eager to try.bb

2 Likes

I had candy Heart and forgot to protect the trunk from voles. The rootstock is growing up looking like a peach.

1 Like

Sugar twist.

Very juicy.
22 brix.

8 Likes

Does the flavor still taste like a Plum sprinkled with cinnamon?bb

2 Likes

Yes, but sweeter and juicier.

3 Likes

Candy Heart is our family favorite fruit. Very sweet but much more complex than Sweet Treat. Unfortunately didn’t set much this year. It’s the second earliest to wake up of my many trees here in SoCal. So good, I’d try it everywhere.

2 Likes

I tasted a semiripe one and it tastes like watermelon.

1 Like

Tried a candy heart that was pecked by birds. Not close to ripeness and it was very good. I thought it tasted slightly of cherries but i dont know if that was just wishful thinking. Im at a very low chill area 300 is a great year of chill. Sweet treat is very productive here and ok flavor. Nadia has been totally unproductive here. Giving it one more season before i pull the plug on it.

1 Like

21 brix.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Beautiful fruit. Still a little tart. We have had excessive heat and extreme drought this year, so I’m guessing that may be why?

2 Likes

Mine fruited for the first time this year bit PC beat me to it.

I used to until I hatched about 15 ducks and put them in the orchard. Feed them (a little) under the trees… not a single grass hopper, etc in the orchard, but walk out into the adjacent pasture, and its like the ground is moving.