What's happening today - 2018 edition

Absolutely worth every ache and pain…!!

2 Likes

Is that those rolls of paper?

It’s landscape fabric but it has a brown side and a black side. I went with brown…

1 Like

It looks earthier

I’m going to try the paper rolls this year instead of plastic

1 Like

Katy, do you have a link to an online seller of this specific landscape fabric or the exact name to find it?

I got it at Lowe’s.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Sta-Green-Ultimate-Landscape-Fabric-Common-3-ft-x-50-ft-Actual-3-02-ft-x-50-17-ft/50119485

2 Likes

Right now I need your kennel!!!

1 Like

That stuff is not as strong as the single color/spun fabric but lasts much longer in the sun.

Got Peaches…First ones on my trees from last year…

14 Likes

Are you ready for your pup? :heart:! Kennel came from Tractor supply but your little girl would dig out in a moment!!!

It had some good reviews from people that it had lasted a long time. It has a soft feel to it. It’s supposed to keep the weeds out.

Hey! I didn’t know peppers were FRUIT !?!?!?!?!
(May have lost a husband . . . but not my sense of humor!) Not tonight anyway!

• Karen AKA PomGranny
7 Likes

I made some fabric containers out of it a few years ago and they have held up well, they don’t dry out as fast as the other fabric containers either. It rips easier but that should not be a problem as a ground cover.

1 Like

Katy! I have an empty kennel like that, now that 2 of my ducks got ‘eaten’ by something . . . and the last one - the drake was so sad all alone, that I took him to a barnyard rescue. I may use my kennel to put over my blueberry bushes. Put bird netting or chicken wire over it, so the birds can’t get in and demolish whatever crop I get this year.

2 Likes

We have reclaimed part of our place from woods. We have a briar/vine that is impossible to get rid of. I don’t know its name but it has big tubers on the roots. I had to dig several of those out. I missed one on the outside and sure enough the stem where it had been cut down poked right through the cloth! I’m sure that vine is going to come up right through. At least it’s on the outside :persevere::persevere::persevere:

Good idea! I was thinking today that you could easily cover the top to keep birds out.

It keeps my animals away from my plants…and the wild ones too

Technically peppers are fruit, some of them are sweeter than apples and strawberries to boot. I got seriously addicted to peppers last year and wanted to try some more interesting varieties this year. I just counted and I have 36 plants in my back yard and another 18 in my central yard. This is what I have outdoors this season, I have about a dozen more indoor plants that I’m training to produce more pods.

Habaneros - Purple, Brown, Red, Red Savina, White, Peruvian, Pink
7 pot - Yellow, Brain Strain Red, Lava, Brain strain Yellow
Scotch Bonnets - White Hot Peppers, West Coast Seed Co, Brown, Chocolate
Scotch Brain
Dorset Naga
Khang Starr Texas Crimson Bonnet
Bells - Red and Yellow
Kung Pao
Moruglah F3
Bahamian Goat
Aji Lemon drop
Fatalii

4 Likes

puppy arrives in two weeks. I surely wish I had her when i was planting my fruit trees!

4 Likes

Good idea!

I can hear your plants barking. :grin:

1 Like